Technology Liaison to Science
I'm the liaison between the Field Museum's Technology Department and the Science Divisions. Also in my bailiwick is the administration of EMu; the Field Museum's main collections database.
For more of the work of folks in the Technology Department check out our site.
Recent Blog Posts
- FMWIS Internships 2014 -- Hannah Davis
- 2012 Society for Conservation GIS Annual International Conference.
- How much of the Field Museum’s collection is actually on display?
- A Rose by Any Other Name
- 1.75 million specimen records now freely available.
- St. Joseph County Parks for BioBlitz on June 9th
- Video: Field Museum Summer Internships
- SSB Mini-ARTS Grants
- Biodiversity Informatics Training Workshop
- Easy way to merge images and data with flickr
- M.Sc. Natural Resource Management - University of Leicester, Leicester. U.K.
- Postgraduate Diploma Information Systems - Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. U.K.
- B.Sc. Marine and Fisheries Ecology 2:1 - University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen. U.K.
Current Field Museum (FM) Responsibilities:
Technology Liasion to Science
- Collections data integrity and archiving (KE EMu, IPT)
- Projects advisor (Science/Technology Projects)
- Media production advisor (Science & Education)
The Natural History Museum, London (NHM). Jun 2002 – Dec 2009
Systems and Database Manager
- IT Systems point of contact
- Database manager (KE EMu)
- Departmental web liaison
- GIS assistant (ArcInfo)
- Digitization projects - Richard Spruce Project & PBI Solanum
Institution: British Antarctic Survey (BAS). Apr 1996 – Jun 2002
Numerical Marine Ecologist
- Scientific support for oceanographic instrumentation.
- Member of cruise planning team and HQ/ship liaison for divisional cruise itineraries.
- Watch leader / principal scientist during science cruises.Research
- Develop methodologies for use of new scientific oceanographic equipment such as Optical Plankton Counters.
- GIS manager and cartographic support for pelagic ecosystem projects.