Social Media Strategist
I look after The Museum's social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Yelp, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), and am constantly seeking new ways to connect with people online and build meaningful relationships between individuals and institutions through digital channels.
Recent Blog Posts
- M.A., Humanities and Cultural Policy, University of Chicago, 2011
- B.A. with honors and Highest Distinction, Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature, Science and the Arts, University of Iowa, 2003 (Phi Beta Kappa)
Music (listening, attending, and playing on a handful of instruments), Mold-A-Rama, dogs, gaming, Chicago history, crochet, cooking/ eating, dance crazes of the 1960s, reading microhistories and graphic novels, trivia contests, post-Impressionism, Star Wars, worrying about zombies
- working paper: "Museums and Mobile Technology: More Questions Than Answers. An Econometric Approach to Measuring Visitor Preferences". University of Chicago, Cultural Policy Center/ Harris School of Public Policy Studies, 2011.
- "New Technologies: New Ways of Seeing. Smartphone Apps, Art Museums, and Spectatorship". University of Chicago, Division of the Humanities, M.A. thesis, 2011.
- (with Thom Swiss), "New Media Poetry, Institutional Support, and Art Museums". New Media & Society. February 2004 6: 82-86.
- “Poetry in Motion: New Media Poetry and the Future of Art Museums”, University of Iowa, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, B.A. honors thesis, 2003.
Marketing, promotions, events planning, PR/ media relations, social media and online branding, catalogue and copywriting for Chicago area arts and cultural organizations and publications; thousands of hours logged as a docent and tour guide at a number of midwestern museums and attractions
AAM, AAM Museums & Technology, MuseumNext, Museum Computer Network, Online Advertising Professionals, Young Nonprofit Professionals Network, Social Media Club of Chicago, University of Chicago Alumni Association