Just Announced! 2015-2016 Field Ambassador Expedition Dates:
- New Cohort Orientation: Saturday, September 19, 2015
- Expedition I: Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Expedition II: Saturday, December 5, 2015
- Expedition III: Saturday, January 30, 2016
- Expedtion IV: Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Year End Celebration: Thursday, May 5, 2016
The Field Ambassador program is a professional learning community through which Chicago-area educators receive on-going professional development on the Museum’s resources—our exhibitions, collections, educational programs, Harris Learning Collection materials—and best practices in using museums to support student learning. In return, Field Ambassadors serve as liaisons between the Museum and their school community by sharing our resources with colleagues and keeping us abreast of the changing needs of the educator-audience. Field Ambassadors participate in 30 hours of training on content relevant to The Field Museum's areas of study as well as best practices in object-based learning and our Focused Field Trip Framework. After completing the initial training, Field Ambassadors become members of the Academy. Academy members are invited to continue participating in training sessions, serve on our Advisory Council, and develop school-wide initiatives designed to integrate Museum resources on a larger scale. Through the Field Ambassador program, educators:
- Dedicate themselves to lifelong learning in a professional learning community
- Improve their ability to teach and learn through collections
- Grow as leaders in their school communities, the Field Ambassador community, and at the Museum
Learn more about the Field Ambassador Requirements of Participation and download a Field Ambassador Application. We are currently accepting applications for our 2015-2016 cohort. Applications are accepted through July 1, 2015.
Teacher professional development programs sponsored by Motorola.