If you are an out-of-state educator, click here for field trip programs and registration.
- Payment is due 14 days prior to your visit. Or at the time of registraion if your trip is less than 14 days away.
- Remit payment to: The Field Museum, 1400 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60605, Attn: Reservations Office.
- The Field Museum is unable to accept POs as a form of payment.
- Teachers and chaperones that have not pre-registered will not be eligible for the discounted group rate and will be subject to the full retail admission costs upon arrival.
- The discounted group rates for ticketed exhibitions and 3D Films are available M-F. Groups registering for field trips on Saturday or Sunday will be charged full retail admission costs for admission to ticketed exhibitions and 3D Films.
- To cancel or revise your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 665-7500. Cancellations or changes to your reservation must be made 14 days prior to the scheduled visit to receive a refund.
- Groups that arrive at the Museum with fewer people than were paid for at the time of the reservation will not receive a refund.
- Registration for groups is required on Museum Free Days. Groups that do not pre-register may not be admitted.
- During field trips teachers are considered chaperones.
- Pre-K through 5th grade students must be accompanied by a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 students and a maximum of 1 adult for every 3 students.
- 6th through 12th grade students must be accompanied by 1 adult for every 10 students.
- Adults in excess of the ratio, not included in pre-registration, will be subject to full admission costs upon arrival.
- Failure to abide by the required chaperone ratio may result in your group being turned away at the door. Students must remain with their chaperones at all times in the Museum. Failure to adequately supervise your group may result in the group being asked to leave the Museum.
Siragusa Center (Reserved Space)
- Lunchroom space at the Siragusa Center is limited to groups with reservations M-F.
- You may bring your own lunches or pre-order bagged lunches from Field to Table (see below).
- A $65 fee per group for use of the Siragusa Center (for eating and/or storing lunches) applies to schools and organizations outside of Chicago. Chicago schools and Chicago non-profit youth based organizations can use the facility for free with pre-registration. Fee-based student classes during field trip hours include complimentary lunch space in a classroom.
- Check for a special attachment to your confirmation materials for your scheduled lunchtime and any applicable fees. When lunch space is not available on the date(s) you requested, no scheduled time will be listed on your confirmation materials.
- If you have reserved the Siragusa Center, Museum staff will collect your lunches when you arrive at the Museum and set the lunches out at your assigned lunch time.
- Please arrive at Siragusa five minutes prior to your scheduled lunch time.
- Backpacks cannot be stored due to space limitations and will not be considered “lunch bags.”
- Note that coat check is closed for the season.
- Note that you are unable to reserve eating space on Saturday and Sunday. On these days, Siragusa seating is first-come, first-serve and the space is open to the public.
Free Lunch Seating (First-come, first-serve)
- Free lunch seating is also available at the Sea Mammals area (ground level) and on the patio. This limited space is first-come, first served. Please bring lunches in backpacks if choosing this option. Lunches will not be held in the Siragusa Center.
McDonald's - CLOSED
- Please note that the McDonald's restuarant at The Field closed as of December 31, 2013. McDonald's is no longer a lunch option for field trip groups.
Field to Table Bagged Lunches
- You may pre-order bagged lunches from our catering service, Field to Table. Bagged lunches are $6 each and will be delivered to your prefered lunch location (either Siragusa or the Sea Mammals area). Please see the Field to Table School Group Lunch order form for more details. Note: you must make a reservation to eat in Siragusa and fees still apply: $65 for groups outside of Chicago, no charge for groups from Chicago.
- Buses should drop students off at the barrier-free East Entrance.
- Buses can access the East Entrance by traveling north on Museum Campus Drive past McFetridge Drive. Follow Museum Campus Drive to your right toward the Adler Planetarium. Turn left at the first stop sign and turn left again to head back west toward the Museum. Turn right into the East Entrance drop off area. Buses should exit the turnaround at the south exit of the East Entrance parking lot. Buses cannot stage pickups or drop-offs on Solidarity Drive or on the south side of the Museum.
- Please see this link for driving directions.
- Students are welcome in all of the Museum’s stores, as long as they are accompanied by the required ratio of adults. Stores are located on the ground level, main level, and upper level.
In the Exhibitions
- Please protect our collections by not allowing gum, candy, food, or drink in the exhibition halls.
- If your group is drawing or taking notes in the exhibitions, please remind students not to use exhibits or exhibit cases as a writing surface.
- Photographs are permitted in all areas of the Museum except in temporary exhibitions. Keep an eye out for signage that notes "no photographs" when applicable.
- We encourage you and your students to make yourselves comfortable in our exhibitions. Students or small groups can sit on the floor in our exhibitions so long as they do not block traffic flow.