If you are an out-of-state educator, click here for field trip programs and registration.
- Register online for field trips and student programs.
- Pre-registration is required for all teachers, chaperones, and students at least 14 days in advance of your visit. Field trips and student programs are only available for groups of 15 or more.
- Illinois students from pre-registered organizations receive free basic admission.
- You should receive an email confirmation within two weeks of completing your online registration and mailing payment. If you do not receive your email confirmation within 2 weeks, please call (312) 665-7500 Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Review your confirmation carefully, including the date of your field trip, any special exhibition tickets with assigned entry time, lunch reservations, any student program registrations, bus parking, and information for students with special needs.
- Basic admission includes entrance to all permanent exhibitions, with the exception of Underground Adventure and the Crown Family PlayLab.
- Underground Adventure and all temporary exhibitions are ticketed.
- Entrance to the Crown Family PlayLab requires registration for a student program or self-guided exploration. Walk-in groups are not permitted.
- Free and discounted group tickets to temporary exhibitions are limited and fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reserve lunch seating in our Siragusa Center when registering online. A $65 fee per group for Siragusa Center applies to schools and organizations outside of the city of Chicago. There is no Siragusa Center fee for Chicago schools and organizations.
- Visit Field Trip Policies for more information and options for lunch seating.
- The 3D Theater is now showing three different shows: Waking the T. Rex 3D: The Story of SUE (Grades 3-12), Titans of the Ice Age (Grades 3-12) and Tiny Giants (pre-K-3). Movies are shown at 10:40am for student groups. Each movies lasts about 20 minutes. Capacity in the theater is 180 people. We can schedule a second viewing time for larger groups if needed. Tickets can be purchased for $6.00 per student (chaperones within the ratio are free) through the online field trip reservation form or in the SUE gift store. (Purchasing pre-sale tickets is highly recommended). There are no refunds.
Visit our Field Trip Policies pages for more information on payment, chaperones, lunchrooms, and more!