The President’s Leadership Council (PLC) was founded in 2007 as an Auxiliary Board of The Field Museum. Members make annual unrestricted financial contributions and volunteer their time to ensure the Museum's educational programs, exhibitions, research, and collections continue to thrive.
PLC members leverage their professional skills and personal networks to:
- Promote the Museum to emerging philanthropists and new members of The Founders' Council,
- Support Museum initiatives through expertise-based volunteer work, and
- Raise the profile of the Museum to engage new donors at all levels.
- The suggested annual contribution for PLC members is $2,500 and can include a combination of personal contributions and corporate/foundation matching gifts.
- Members are expected to invite personal contacts to PLC cultivation events to help promote the Museum and The Founders' Council.
- They are encouraged to participate on one of the four standing committees and attend at least two of the quarterly PLC meetings each year.
Membership in the PLC is by nomination process.
Chair: Kevin P. Stineman
Vice Chair: Ryan S. Ruskin
Secretary: John E. McGovern III
Treasurer: Lori A. Dawson
Board Resources Co-Chair: Randy Burt & Amanda Sonneborn
Communication Co-Chairs: Chris Grams & Kara Stallings
Membership Committee Co-Chairs: Michael Arnold & Jeffrey R. Havsy
Programs Committee Co-Chairs: Jill Hutchison & Catharon J. Miller
Joshua S. Burden, Paul Chatalas, Rebecca Dauparas, Sally M. Draper, Charles R. Droege, Douglas R. Elliott, Brent Hawkins, Ying Hsu, Glenn A. Kolososki, Jeffrey D. Korzenik, Louis L. Lizzadro, Heidi R. Mayer, Sara Mongerson, James J. O’Connor Jr.*, Ari P. Paxinos, John F. Podjasek III, Alissa Shulkin, Carrie Smaroff, Thomas Tague, Monica Thompson, Monica A. Wallace & Steven Vivian
* Ex-Officio Member
To learn more about the President's Leadership Council, please contact us at (312) - 665-7137 or email@example.com.