I'm the liaison between the Field Museum's Technology Department and the Science Divisions. Also in my bailiwick is the administration of EMu; the Field Museum's main collections database.
For more of the work of folks in the Technology Department check out our site.
- M.Sc. Natural Resource Management - University of Leicester, Leicester. U.K.
- Postgraduate Diploma Information Systems - Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. U.K.
- B.Sc. Marine and Fisheries Ecology 2:1 - University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen. U.K.
Current Field Museum (FM) Responsibilities:
Technology Liasion to Science
- Collections data integrity and archiving (KE EMu, IPT)
- Projects advisor (Science/Technology Projects)
- Media production advisor (Science & Education)
The Natural History Museum, London (NHM). Jun 2002 – Dec 2009
Systems and Database Manager
- IT Systems point of contact
- Database manager (KE EMu)
- Departmental web liaison
- GIS assistant (ArcInfo)
- Digitization projects - Richard Spruce Project & PBI Solanum
Institution: British Antarctic Survey (BAS). Apr 1996 – Jun 2002
Numerical Marine Ecologist
- Scientific support for oceanographic instrumentation.
- Member of cruise planning team and HQ/ship liaison for divisional cruise itineraries.
- Watch leader / principal scientist during science cruises.Research
- Develop methodologies for use of new scientific oceanographic equipment such as Optical Plankton Counters.
- GIS manager and cartographic support for pelagic ecosystem projects.
Latest blog entries
|April 04th, 2013||So you think you're a museum technologist?|
|January 23rd, 2013||2012 Society for Conservation GIS Annual International Conference.|
|January 15th, 2013||SpeciesLink and the Field Museum|
|January 04th, 2013||How much of the Field Museum’s collection is actually on display?|
|December 19th, 2012||A Rose by Any Other Name|