The Digital Learning Internship is a deep dive into the science and technology of The Field Museum. In this 6-week paid summer internship, high school students will gain hands-on scientific research experience in the Museum's collections and will create an interactive digital media installation based upon their scientific work. Students will work directly with Field Museum scientists and digital learning specialists, to conduct research in the museum's collections and translate the research to the general public by creating an interactive digital experience.
The application process for this internship is closed for 2017.Guidelines for 2017 application:
- Only applications from the online site will be processed
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age but no older than 18 years of age on June 1, 2017.
- Letters of recommendation on school letterhead are due by Friday, March 31, 2017. Applications without a letter of recommendation will not be considered.
- Qualified applicants will be asked to do a group interview April 24- May 3, 2017.
- Final notifications will be sent via email no later than Friday, May 12, 2017.
- Internship takes place June 26-August 4, 2017; 9;30am-3:30pm M-F
Questions about the internship can be directed to: email@example.com