The Digital Learning and Science Research Internship is a deep dive into the science and technology of The Field Museum. In this 5-week paid summer internship, high school students will gain hands-on scientific research experience in the Museum's plant and insects collections. Interns will create an interactive digital game based upon their scientific work that will be temporarily installed in the Museum and is playable by the general public. Students will work directly with Field Museum scientists, digital learning specialists and game designers throughout the course of the internship. The internship runs July 2 - August 3, 2018. Working hours of the internship are: M-F, 9:30am-4pm.
The application for 2018 is closed.
Guidelines for 2018 application:
- The online application is available Wednesday, January 24 - Friday, March 30, 2018
- Applicants must provide a 300 word essay OR a two minute video essay explaining their interest in the internship. Essays or a document with a link to the video essay should be uploaded to the cover letter section of the application
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age but no older than 18 years of age on June 1, 2018.
- Applications are due March 30, 2018
- Letters of recommendation on school letterhead are due by Friday, March 30, 2018. Letters must be directly emailed by the recommender to email@example.com Applications without a letter of recommendation will not be considered.
- Applicants must be connected with a Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana address
Questions about the internship can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org