Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at The Field Museum? This is your chance to find out!
At Members' Nights, you have an opportunity to speak with Museum staff, including scientists, curators, and exhibition designers, to learn about all the work and research that happens at the Museum. This is your ONLY chance to explore areas normally off-limits to the public and see parts of the Museum's vast collections that are not on display.
Don't miss out on the most engaging and fun event of the year! We can't wait to see you—share your experience with #MembersNight66.
All exhibitions will be open, and there will be activities for both kids and adults. This year, you'll have access to even more stations and behind-the-scenes areas than last year, including:
- Sneak Peek! Oversized Artifacts from the Ancient Mediterranean (Oversized Anthropology Storage)
- Dinosaur Range: How to Store 1,000lb Bones (Dinosaur Storage)
- Native North American Collection Highlights
- Fantastic Fluorescent Minerals and Where to Find Them
- What's a Vegetable Caterpillar?
- World of Genomics
PLUS the always popular Mammal Prep station will be back in the Mammal Prep Lab on LL2 of the Collections Resource Center!
Members' Nights has gone mobile!
Take a look at all activities and start planning your evening now with our new mobile guide, powered by Guidebook! Downloading and using the guide is super easy:
- Search for "Guidebook" in the Apple or Google app store, and download the free app.
- Open the app and search for "66th Annual Members' Nights" and download the guide.
- Click on the list icon on the top left corner and plan your night!
If you cannot access the mobile guide and would like to view detailed descriptions of Members' Nights activities, please view our full guidebook here. Please note: this will not be handed out at the event.
Advanced registration is now closed. If you would still like to attend Members' Nights, your name can be added to the list at any check-in desk on Thursday or Friday evening; just show your membership card and photo ID. Check in will begin at 4:45pm and you can enter through the East or South entrance. The Museum will close to the public at 4:00pm and reopen at 5:00pm for this event. Any photos or videos taken by Field Museum staff during Members' Nights may be used to promote the Museum.
© The Field Museum GN92123_149d