Scientists here and around the world need your help! Join us in transcribing scientific label data from our collections.
This event will take place from Thursday, October 19, to Sunday, October 22. Register to participate onsite at The Field Museum or online. Please note, Saturday time slots are full. You can still register for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday events.
WeDigBio, or Worldwide Engagement for Digitizing Biocollections, is a global event that engages participants online and onsite in digitizing natural history collections. Join museums around the world as part of a global, four-day effort to digitize centuries of data about life on Earth. Organisms include mammals, ferns, early land plants, insects, and fungi. Participants will have an opportunity to meet Field Museum scientists and join in behind-the-scenes tours of the collections.
WeDigBio is for teens aged 15+ and adults. The event is free, and refreshments and limited free parking will be offered. Please register in advance to secure your spot.
- Free Museum admission for volunteers, with registration
- Limited free parking available upon request
- Each day there is one session, including registration, the event and tours. Registration will start at 9:30am. The event will start promptly at 10am and run until 2:00pm
- Free behind-the-scenes tour will be included
- Participants can volunteer onsite or remotely online
Transcribe online by participating in one of these projects:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.