The Field Museum is pleased to consider requests to support fundraising events. Below are the guidelines for receiving a donation. While we would like to contribute to every organization, the volume of requests we receive makes this impossible. Please ensure that all requirements are met for your request to be considered. Thank you for thinking of The Field Museum as you plan your fundraiser. We wish you the best of luck for a successful event!
- Your organization must be using the donation to raise funds (through an auction, or drawing) for a specific charitable cause.
- Donations cannot be given directly to an individual or family.
- The request must specify how the money raised by the donation will be used.
- Receiving a donation does not automatically guarantee that your organization will receive another one in following years.
- Your donation request must be submitted via the online donation request form at least four weeks prior to the date of the fundraising event.
- Fax, email, letter or phone requests are not accepted.
- Please note: no more than one request will be granted per organization, per calendar year.
- Priority is given to organizations with scientific, educational, or environmental missions and particularly those dedicated to strengthening Chicagoland's communities.
Questions? Call 312.665.7777
To check the status of your request, login to your account. Unfortunately, we cannot accept calls checking the status of donation requests.