The Museum Archives collection dates to the creation of the Field Museum of Natural History and its emergence from the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition. This collection is comprised of the administrative records of museum departments, museum material culture and the scientific papers of staff members from 1893 to the present. Its holdings encompass nearly 1,800 linear feet of paper material and original museum motion picture films.
The Archives is open to visitors and researchers by appointment only. General business hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Dates and times of availability are subject to staff scheduling constraints related to COVID.
Our contact preference is via email. Your patience as you await a response is appreciated. Please allow up to 10 business days for a response to your query. Please communicate as much detail as possible and all references to your subject that you may have discovered so that we may assist you better.
Contact the Museum Archives
Showing 7 of 7
- Armand EsaiMuseum Archivist
- Elizabeth McKinleyCataloging & Metadata Librarian
- Gretchen RingsMuseum Librarian and Head of Library Collections
- Melissa AndersonLibrary Collections Specialist
- Michael TrombleyLibrary Technical Assistant
- Nina CummingsPhotography Archivist
- Rebecca WilkeAssistant Archivist