If you are an out-of-state educator, visit our Group Sales page for field trip programs and registration.
- Register online for field trips and student programs.
- Pre-registration is required for all teachers, chaperones, and students at least 14 days in advance of your visit.
- Illinois students from pre-registered organizations receive free basic admission.
- You should receive an email confirmation within two weeks of completing your online registration and mailing payment. If you do not receive your email confirmation within two weeks, please call (312) 665-7500 Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Review your confirmation carefully, including the date of your field trip, any special exhibition tickets with assigned entry time, lunch reservations, any student program registrations, bus parking, and information for students with special needs.
- Basic admission includes entrance to all permanent exhibitions, with the exception of Cyrus Tang Hall of China, Underground Adventure and the Crown Family PlayLab.
- Cyrus Tang Hall of China, Underground Adventure and all temporary exhibitions are ticketed.
- Entrance to the Crown Family PlayLab is free, but requires registration for self-guided exploration. Walk-in groups are not permitted.
- Free and discounted group tickets to temporary exhibitions are limited and fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reserve lunch seating in our Siragusa Center when registering online. A $65 fee per group for Siragusa Center applies to schools and organizations outside of the city of Chicago. There is no Siragusa Center fee for Chicago schools and organizations.
- Visit Field Trip Policies for more information and options for lunch seating.
- The 3D Theater is now showing: Galapagos 3D, Mysteries of China 3D, Wild Africa 3D,and Waking the T. Rex 3D: The Story of SUE. Movies are shown at various times and student groups will be assigned a ticket time on your confirmation. Each movies lasts approximately 20 minutes. Capacity in the theater is 180 people. A second viewing time for larger groups can be booked if needed. Tickets can be purchased for $6.00 per student through the online field trip reservation form (chaperones within the required ratio are free) or in the SUE gift store. Purchasing pre-sale tickets is highly recommended. There are no refunds.
Visit our Field Trip Policies pages for more information on payment, chaperones, lunchrooms, and more!