Welcome to the Anthropology Collections Curation Portal! Know something we don’t know about objects in the anthropology collections at the Field Museum? Please use this portal to add new information to the Museum’s collections database.
- To see what is in one of the collections listed below, click on one of these links. You will be taken to the portal for that collection.
- Once you have arrived at that portal, enter a keyword into the search box near the top right of the screen. Examples of keywords to use: place names such as Luzon or Viti Levu, descriptive terms such as bowl or basket, materials such as rattan, etc.
- To add new information on objects in these collections:
- select a collection
- if you don’t already have a Disqus account, sign up for one in the login area (so we will know who you are, and can give you credit for what you are adding to the database)
- then login and get to work!
Examples of types of information to add: family stories about how objects in the collection are used, scholarly observations, etc.
- The Philippines
- Fiji Islands
We will be adding further collections at the Field Museum to this portal as time goes by.