Member Appreciation Week
Monday, October 17 through Sunday, October 23
With gratitude for your support of The Field Museum, join us as we celebrate Member Appreciation Week. We've planned seven days of exclusive opportunities and fun perks—just for you, our members!
- Be one of the first to see Tattoo, the Museum's fall exhibition. Member previews days are Wednesday, October 19 (10am-4pm) and Thursday, October 20 (9am-4pm).
- Join Museum docents on guided tours of our permanent exhibitions. Tour schedule will be announced soon.
- Participate in daily drawings for a chance to win free tickets to Terracotta Warriors and 3D movies, Adopt a Dino packages, and more! Enter the drawing at the membership desk at the South entrance each day during Member Appreciation Week.
- Enjoy a free cup of coffee in the Field Bistro each morning (9-10:30am). Pick up your free coffee voucher at the membership desk at the South entrance each morning during Member Appreciation Week.
Thank you for making our work possible by supporting the Museum's scientific research, conservation programs, and a growing collection of 30 million specimens and objects.
Tattoo—Member Preview Days
Wednesday, October 19 (10am-4pm) and Thursday, October 20 (9am-4pm)
Tattoo opens to the general public on Friday, October 21, but we are excited to announce that members will have an exclusive opportunity to see it first! Join us on Wednesday, October 19 (10am-4pm) and Thursday, October 20 (9am-4pm) when the exhibition will be open exclusively for Field Museum members. No reservations or tickets are needed, just pick up your member sticker when you arrive.
Tattoo—Member Viewing and Lecture
Tuesday, November 15, 5:30pm-9:00pm
Enjoy exclusive after-hours access to Tattoo and attend a lecture where you'll learn more about the history of tattooing.
- 5:30pm-8:30pm: Enjoy exclusive, member-only access to Tattoo. A cash bar will be available in Stanley Field Hall and the Field Bistro will have food available for purchase.
- 6:30pm-7:30pm: Join us in James Simpson Theater to attend a lecture presented by Alaka Wali, PhD, Curator of North American Anthropology Collections.
Tattoo will remain open throughout the event. The last entry into the exhibition will be at 8:30pm.
Space is limited and advanced registration is required. Registration will open Monday, September 19.
Breakfast with Santa and SUE
Add some history to your family traditions and celebrate the holidays at The Field Museum...this year for members only! Enjoy a buffet breakfast in Stanley Field Hall and share all of your holiday wishes when you take your picture with Santa and SUE.
Saturday, December 10 and Saturday, December 17
Seatings at 9:00am and 10:00am each day
Members-only: $35 (adult), $25 (child, ages 2-11)
Tickets on sale October 24. For more information, call 312.665.7705.
66th Annual Members' Nights
How are specimens cleaned and prepared? How are exhibitions designed? Have you seen our live insects collection? Did you know less than 1% of our collection of 30 million specimens and artifacts is on public display? The rest is stored in vast behind-the-scenes areas!
This is the one time each year when Field Museum members have a chance to explore areas normally off limits to the public, talk to scientists and curators, and see parts of our collection that are not on display. There's a whole world behind our public areas that you don't want to miss!
Check back in January for more details, including the dates for the 66th Annual Members' Nights.
Find your photos! Did you attend the 65th Annual Members' Nights? If you took pictures at any of our photo booths, you can find them here:
- Green Screens photo booths provided by Charles Schwab
- Fotio - Supporters' Gallery: Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20
- Fishes Lab: Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20
- Digital Imaging Lab
If you have any questions about the events listed, please contact the membership office at 312.665.7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to add you email address to your membership record to receive regular updates on upcoming events and activities. Email email@example.com or call (312) 665-7700 to update your information.