Laura joined The Field Museum's Environment, Culture and Conservation (ECCo) division in 2009 as the Stewardship Coordinator. Laura works to expand ecological stewardship in Chicago’s Calumet Region by linking community members with opportunities to care for local natural areas, helping foster positive relationships between people and the environment, developing educational trainings, and supporting restoration workdays in the field. As part of the Calumet Environmental Education Program (CEEP), Laura also helps coordinate the Calumet Is My Backyard (CIMBY) high school student service-learning program in partnership with Bold Chicago Institute and CPS.
Recent Blog Posts
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches September 2013
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches January 2013
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches July 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches June 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches March 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches February 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches January 2012
- Calumet Photos of the Month December 2011
- Calumet Photos of the Month October & November 2011
- Calumet Photo of the Month September 2011
Prior to joining The Field Museum, Laura worked as a program coordinator for The Community Center Foundation in Palos Park, Illinois, where she expanded environmental education, horticulture and art programming. Laura holds a B.S. in Sociology and Anthropology from Loyola University of Chicago. Beyond time spent in the Chicago wilderness, she enjoys an array of creative outlets, from gardening with edibles and native plants, to pottery, papermaking, and biking.