The T. Kimball and Nancy N. Brooker Gallery presents the treasures of the Marie Louise Rosenthal Library at the Field Museum on a rotating basis. It is located on the northeast corner of the upper level mezzanine. This space is designed to be a serene and elegant place where visitors can view fragile books and fine prints up close.
The inaugural exhibition, Highlights from the Mary W. Runnells Rare Book Room, was installed in October 2007.
Exhibitions since that time have included:
- From Prairie to Field: Photographs by Terry Evans, April 11, 2008-July 27, 2008
- Louis Agassiz — Fuertes: The Painted Bird, September 12, 2008—January 4, 2009
- Masterpieces of Ancient Jewelry: Exquisite Objects from the Cradle of Civilization, February 13, 2009-June 14, 2009
- Burnham Memorial Design Competition, August 21, 2009 - November 1, 2009
- Lasting Impressions: Chinese Rubbings from The Field Museum February 12, 2010 - January 3, 2011
- Travelogues and Technologies: from Small Sketches to the Biggest Book, February 12, 2011 - January 1, 2012