Members receive unlimited complimentary Basic admission, plus free or discounted admission to ticketed exhibitions.
The following ticketed exhibitions are free for members:
- First Kings of Europe (March 31, 2023—January 28, 2024)
- Bloodsuckers: Legends to Leeches (October 27, 2023 – September 2, 2024)
- Cyrus Tang Hall of China (ongoing)
- Underground Adventure (ongoing)
Reserve tickets for popular exhibitions in advance to ensure availability, or check in at the member desk at the South Entrance when you arrive.
We can help you update your contact information, replace a lost card, add a caregiver to your account, or assist in reserving 3D movies and upcoming events. Visit the membership desk at the Museum’s South Entrance with your membership card or photo ID. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 312.665.7700.
Access to digital cards
We offer digital membership cards for all members. Going digital means you never have to worry about forgetting your membership card and it helps reduce the Field’s impact on the environment. All members will receive an email with instructions on how to access their cards. (New and renewing members will receive this email within three weeks. Your receipt or confirmation email can be used as a temporary card until you receive the digital version.) You can download and save the card directly to your smartphone and access the card at any time:
- For iPhone: Access the email from your smartphone and click the "Download" button, then click "Add to Wallet" and "Add." The card will automatically go to your iPhone’s Apple Wallet. Check the app for your new card (scroll through any cards that are already there—it may be hiding!).
- For Android: Download Wallet Passes from Google Play. After you have the app, access the email from your smartphone and click “Download” in the membership email, and the card will automatically go to your Wallet Passes app. (You might need to download Wallet Passes from the Play Store prior to downloading the card.)
You can share your card with individual(s) on your membership card:
- For iPhone: Tap on the "…" button on the front to navigate to the back of the card. Then tap on the share icon at the top right to send the card to your secondary member.
- For Android: Tap on the small "i" on the front to navigate to the back of the card. Then use the “Share Pass” button to send the card to your secondary member.
Please show your photo ID along with your digital card when you arrive at the museum. You can continue to use your physical card for visits to the Field and participating reciprocal institutions. If you’d prefer a physical card, request one by contacting the membership office at 312.665.7700 or email@example.com.
Keep your contact information current
Have you moved or changed your email address? Let us know so you don’t miss any important communication. We can also update your information as it appears on your digital or physical membership card if your information is incorrect or has changed.
Visit other museums around the world
Your membership gives you reciprocal general admission access to more than 300 science and technology museums around the world through the Association of Science and Technology Centers’ Passport Program (ASTC). Just show your digital or physical Field membership card when you arrive. Some program partners have residency restrictions on admission benefits. We encourage you to reach out to reciprocal museums before visiting to confirm your admission. Don’t have your membership card? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can send you an email confirmation of your membership.
Renew your membership
Continue supporting the museum you love and enjoy ongoing membership benefits by renewing every year. We hope you’ll become a lifelong member!