Information Systems Specialist
In the Technology Department, Kate works on cataloging the Field Museum's digital media--how do we preserve the digital media bits of natural history? For now, the answer here seems to involve a lot of DNGs. Going forward, digital formats and the workflows that go with them change all the time, so collections need to stay on their toes if they don't want to lose data and the ideas that go with them.
Recent Blog Posts
- Video: Fields of Thought
- Video: The Birds and the Trees
- FMWIS: Why is the Pipeline So Leaky?
- Video: A Sea Monster Named Jim
- Video: Leo on Bioluminescence
- Video: Discovering New Plant Species in the Amazon
- Video: Out Takes 2012
- Video: What's in a Name?
- Video: A Special Thank You
- Video: We Are All Stardust
Data visualization & visual communication: Can we break old language barriers and find other connections between countries as well as between fields of work?
Epistemology: Why do we ask the questions we ask--in science and in other fields?
Bird brains! What is it like to be a bird?...