photo Arlene Koziel
Events highlighting the 2013 AOU/COS meeting’s scientific program and onsite activities are open for exclusive and partial sponsorship and are an excellent means of advertising for your organization. The opportunities listed are designed to fit a variety of budgets and may be combined to meet desired general meeting sponsorship levels. We will endeavor to work with your organization to best suit your needs. Donor forms can be found at the bottom of this page. The form may be specific to the type of donation so be sure to select the correct form to use. If you have any questions and/or need more information, please contact Mary Hennen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to the selections listed below, you may choose to provide in-kind sponsorship (e.g., printing of programs, signage, delegate bags, lanyards, transportation, coffee breaks etc.). Perhaps you would like to support assistance for student travel to attend the meeting ($500/award)? Any donations would be greatly appreciated.
- OPENING RECEPTION - $25,000
- PLENARY SESSION - $5,000 (per session, 4 opportunities available)
- POSTER SESSION - $5,000
- CLOSING BANQUET - $30,000 (exclusive sponsorship receives Platinum level benefits)
- WORKSHOPS/FIELD TRIPS - $10,000
- DAILY REFRESHMENT BREAKS - $5,000
- LATIN AMERICAN ATTENDEE SUPPORT - $1,000
- MEETING MUGS - $10,000
ADVERTISING - CONFERENCE PROGRAM:
For maximum visibility, we encourage you to advertise in the conference program. All adverts should be high resolution (300 dpi) in black & white. Color advertisements may be arranged at an additional cost. Listing for size of advertisement and cost are listed below. Please check out the information pages on sponsorship opportunities as some categories include free advertisement as one of the benefits. The program committee reserves the right to place your ad in an appropriate place in the program. Please use the AOU/COS General Donation Form (pdf & link at bottom of page.) Arrangements for advertisements should be made through Mary Hennen by 31 May 2013.
- Full Page (24.5cm high x 16.5cm wide) - $750
- Half Page (12.25cm high x 16.5cm wide) - $400
- Quarter Page (12.25cm high x 8.25cm wide) - $250
- To reserve the limited exhibit space (only 20-23 tables), please complete the AOU/COS 2013VendorForm (pdf & link at bottom of page). Each Vendor fee includes registration for two representatives working at the table during the meeting. Additional representatives must pay the regular registration fees. Each exhibitor is responsible for their equipment.
- Exhibit Fees - $950 per Standard Commercial Table $550 per Non-Profit or Artist Table
- Exhibit Schedule - Tuesday, 13 August 2013 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm for set-up Wednesday, 14 August 2013 - from first coffee break (10:00am) to 6:00pm Thursday, 15 August 2013 - from first coffee break (10:00am) to 6:00pm and 7-9:00pm during poster reception Friday, 16 August 2013 - from first coffee break (10:00am) to 6:00pm, deinstallation 6-8pm.
- Exhibit Details - 6ft draped table and 2 chairs will be provided Complimentary registration for 2 persons per table with entry to all scientific sessions (including meeting materials, official program, and name tags) Two invitations to the Icebreaker social with complimentary drink ticket per person Link to your organization’s website from the AOU/COS 2013 conference website A quarter-page advertisement and a 50-word description of the exhibitor organization in meeting program (30 June 2013 submission deadline for inclusion in printed booklet)
- Vendor tables and Poster sessions will take place in the exhibition hall. Internet available if needed for an extra fee.
SUPPORT FOR HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDEES:
High-school students rarely get a chance to attend the type of ornithological conference such as the AOU/COS 2013 meetings held here in Chicago. We would like to create an opportunity for pre-college ornithologists to experience a scientific conference first hand, perhaps helping them choose the school or major for their future career. Sponsorship for a single individual is $130 but feel free to support more than one individual! Please use the AOU/COS 2013 HS Donor Form (pdf & link found at bottom of page.)
One day conference registration (Friday, August 16th) includes:
- admission to the morning plenary session
- admission to all scientific sessions which span a variety of subjects
- admission to poster session
- lunch & dinner with several graduate students & faculty
- admission to (and participation in, if desired) the AOU Student Quiz Bowl