Ecological Stewardship Manager
Keller Science Action Center
Laura Milkert is the Stewardship Coordinator for the Keller Science Action Center’s Chicago Region program. She supports The Field Museum’s conservation work and habitat restoration efforts throughout the Chicago Wilderness Region. This involves working collaboratively with partners, land owners, and community members to care for local natural areas and to enhance quality of life in an urban landscape.
Recent Blog Posts
- Discover Calumet: The Calumet Outdoors Series Connects People to the Many Natural Areas in the Region
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches September 2013
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches January 2013
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches July 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches June 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches March 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches February 2012
- Calumet Photographic Dispatches January 2012
- Calumet Photos of the Month December 2011
- Calumet Photos of the Month October & November 2011
Laura holds a B.S. in Sociology and Anthropology from Loyola University of Chicago.
The intersection of art and nature (clay, native gardening, paper, photography), my family, growing food, bikes, local ecology
Before joining the Field Museum in 2009, Laura was a Program Director for The Community Center Foundation in the moraines and woodlands of Palos Park, where she expanded environmental education, horticulture, and art programming.