With registration, Chicago and Illinois school groups receive free general admission and can access ticketed exhibitions and 3D movies at a discounted rate.
Dive deep into an immersive learning experience. How did ancient Egyptians prepare mummies? What dinosaurs roamed Earth 230 million years ago? Students and educators investigate these questions together through hands-on science activities at the Museum.
- Curiosity Stations and Design Challenges that motivate students to explore museum collections through compelling questions and engineer creative solutions to real world problems
- Discovery Squad interactions/conversations that share new ideas and cultures
- Meet a Scientist presentations that encourage scientific thinking
Field trips are focused and flexible, enriching science and social studies curricula for elementary, middle school, and high school students through engaged inquiry. We also offer accessible tours and experiences for learners with disabilities. The Field Museum strives to create a safe and meaningful learning experience for all visitors.
Planning & Reservations
Ready for your field trip? Start planning today:
- With your preferred field trip date(s) in mind, complete the pre-registration form.
- Review our Field Trip Planning Guide that includes detailed trip tips and student exercises
- Plan for scheduled or drop-in student learning experiences that investigate specific topics and scientific concepts with dynamic activities
- Explore additional teaching materials. Exploring the Field Guides are designed for students grades K-12 to use in the Museum. Learning resources highlight specific exhibition topics and themes, with lesson plans for before, during, and after your field trip. All resources align with Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, and the C3 Framework for Social Studies.
Field trips and student programs are only available for groups of 15 or more that register at least 14 days in advance. Review our policies for information on student conduct, as well as chaperones, schedules, and payment.
More questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond the Field Trip
There’s always more to learn with the Field Museum. We offer resources to support educators with creating in-class, object-based lessons.
Borrow Field Museum collections to use in your lessons: join the N. W. Harris Learning Collection and bring your lessons to life using real objects in our exhibit cases and experience boxes.
School Learning Experiences Sponsor: